Friday, April 3, 2009

VIDEO: WHAT ELSE IS THERE? TO GAIL ETTENGER, WHEREVER YOU MAY BE

A Big Hat Tip to Mac Tonnies for this one

I've become very attached to this video, it's lyrics and the singer, so I thought I would share.

This song, the words and the video itself reminded me so much of the last cell phone call Gail Ettenger made to a friend while letting her friend know that she was trapped in her home with hurricane Ike on top of her. This song is from 2005 and the hurricane was just last September 2008 so we can't call it synchronicity but rather pure coincidence. Lyrics are included below the video but read Gail's story first here in blue and gray. What you find in gray, you will also find in the video.

Gail Ettenger made her last phone call at 10:10 p.m. She was trapped in her Bolivar Peninsula bungalow with her Great Dane, Reba while a drowning cat cried outside. Her Jeep bobbed in the seawater surging around her home. You'll notice a German Shepard easily and the Great Dane comes directly after the woman bites into an apple.

Ettenger, 58, told her friend she was reading old love letters by flashlight. "I think I really screwed up this time," she said, according to Monroe Burks, Ettenger's neighbor who had evacuated to Houston.

That was Friday, Sept 12. On Wednesday — 12 days later — her nearly nude body was found face down by a huge debris pile in a remote mosquito-ridden marsh
in Chambers County, about 10 miles inland from where her gray beach house once stood.

Houston Chronicle: Two weeks after Ike 400 are still missing-Sept 2008

The video will hang up for a second toward the end, just click the center once and it continues where you left off. Lyrics are below the video.

Röyksopp Album: The Understanding 2005:
Karin Dreijer Andersson the vocalist from "The Knife" performs the vocals. The blonde actress in the video is Marianne Schröder a Norwegian model.
Karin Dreijer Andersson plays a cameo spot toward the end of the video. See lyrics below the video.

Lyrics:
What Else Is There?
It was me on that road
But you couldn`t see me
Too many lights out, but
nowhere near here

It was me on that road
Still you couldn`t see me
And the flashlights and explosions

Roads are getting nearer
We cover distance but not together
I am the storm and I am the wonder
And the flashlights, nightmares
and sudden explosions

I don't know what more to ask for
I was given just one wish...

It's about you and the sun
A morning run
The story of my maker
What have I and what I ache for
I`ve got a golden ear
I cut and I spear

And what else is there!?


Roads are getting nearer
We cover distance but not together
If I am the storm? If I am the wonder?
When I have flashlights, nightmares
and sudden explosions

I don't know what more to ask for
I was given just one wish...

Roads are getting nearer
We cover distance but not together
I am the storm, and I am the wonder
and the flashlights, nightmares
and sudden explosions

There's no room where I can go and
You`ve got secrets too

I don`t know what more to ask for
I was given just one wish...

why why why...

No comments: